WEBINAR: WATERFORD TEACHERS' CENTRE FACILITATION SKILLS WORKSHOP
Waterford Teachers’ Centre Facilitation Skills Workshop
Broad Training Objectives
The objective of this workshop is to support participants in the development of specific skills to enable them to effectively facilitate group meetings and learning events both face to face and online.
Participants will explore the core responsibilities of a facilitator and how to effectively guide a group to achieving its objectives through using a range of skills and techniques. They will also discover key best practices for keeping groups on track and engaged as well as how to deal with more challenging situations including a range of different participant types. Learning will be embedded through reflection, discussion and group exercises.
- Key Learning Objectives
- By the end of this workshop, participants will have:
- Explored the differences between facilitation teaching, training and presenting.
- Understood why facilitation is such a critical skill in enabling adults to learn effectively.
- Discovered the core skills and responsibilities of an effective facilitator.
- Learned how to design and plan for a highly impactful facilitated event.
- Explored how to manage different personality types and specific difficult situations/behaviours during the facilitated event.
- Discovered how to keep on track and maintain participants’ engagement throughout the event.
- Developed an action plan for immediate implementation post this training.
|Course Date||01-03-2021 5:30 pm|
|Course End Date||01-03-2021 8:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||18-02-2021|
|Cut off date||26-02-2021 4:00 pm|
|Location||ONLINE (via ZOOM)|