POST PRIMARY: THE ROLE OF THE YEAR HEAD IN A POST PRIMARY SCHOOL
Target Group: Year Heads in Schools and those Aspiring to the position of Year Head.
This 3 week course will:
- Support teachers in defining and establishing their role as year head
- Provide a range of template administration/support files
- Support teachers in developing a strong year head and class tutor team
- Offer a range of strategies to help teachers support positive behaviour in their year groups
- Including dealing with difficult students.
- Enable teachers to support wellbeing within the year group,
- Help teachers develop effective skills and skills for conflict management.
- Harry 's experience of providing CPD is extensive, having worked with school leaders and teachers in over 450 schools since 1998.
Currently Harry holds the position of Strand Leader of the Positive Behaviour Management strand of the Master in Education Programme in Trinity College, Dublin. He has designed and developed this course and has been lecturing on it since 2008.
Harry offers consultancy services to support teachers in all areas of classroom practice. He is passionate about learning, teaching and leadership.
|Course Date||07-11-2019 7:00 pm|
|Course End Date||21-11-2019 9:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||17-07-2019|
|Cut off date||08-10-2019 12:00 pm|
|Location||Waterford Teachers' Centre Eircode X91 XD98|