ONLINE: ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR STUDENTS WITH PHYSICAL DIFFICULITES
Waterford Education Support Centre are delighted to offer this webinar in collaboration with Cork Education Support Centre, Wexford Education Centre, West Cork Education Centre and Kilkenny Education Centre.
What will I learn?
- What is assistive technology (AT).
- Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology.
- About touch-typing resources for different hand functions and alternative keyboard and mouse control.
- About free adjustments that can be made to iPad and Windows to suit different physical abilities
- About Dragon Naturally Speaking – you speak and it types what you say.
- About free reading features/programs on the iPad and for Windows
- How to get access to electronic learning materials and texts to lighten the school bag and to improve access to the texts.
- About a variety of alternative text input options.
- About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route).
A link to access the course will be emailed to you prior to the course.
|Course Date||23-02-2023 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||23-02-2023 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||22-02-2023 3:00 pm|
|Speaker||Deirdre Madden - Outreach Coordinator, UCC Disability Support Service|
|Location||ONLINE (via ZOOM)|