ONLINE: ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE BLIND/VISUALLY IMPAIRED
What will I learn?
- What is assistive technology (AT).
- Advice on students using the computer well to make best use of Assistive Technology..
- About resources for students to learn or improve touch-typing skills.
- About Dragon Naturally Speaking – you talk, it types what you say and on free alternatives.
- About free screen magnification and alteration options for the iPad and Windows.
- About magnification options for magnifying electronic and hard copies of text (incl. Zoomtext, Optiverso, Eclipse, Liberty Scholar.)
- About a variety of scanning, OCR, typing and other useful apps.
- About screen reading software (incl. JAWS and VoiceOver) and text to speech software
- How to get access to alternative learning materials and texts ( electronic, audio, large print, Braille)
- About DARE (Disability Access Route to Education) and HEAR (Higher Education Access Route)
A link to access the course will be emailed to you prior to the course.
|Course Date||23-11-2023 4:00 pm|
|Course End Date||23-11-2023 6:00 pm|
|Cut off date||23-11-2023 12:00 pm|
|Speaker||Deirdre Madden - Outreach Coordinator, UCC Disability Support Service|
|Location||ONLINE (via ZOOM)|