GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP AND CLIMATE ACTION - ONLINE TEACHER TRAINING
Our Global Citizenship and Climate Action course supports Irish secondary teachers to incorporate Global Citizenship Education (GCE) and Climate within their teaching.
Over four sessions we will help you and your students to build the knowledge, values, attitudes and skills to take meaningful, informed action on climate. The course will be hosted through an online classroom with small, weekly homework tasks, resources, and tips to enhance your GCE practice.
This course relates to all subjects in post-primary education, especially geography, CSPE and politics and society.
Session 1: November 6th, 7-8.30 pm
- What is global citizenship?
- GCE & climate action in the curriculum
- Soft and critical GCE - benefits and pitfalls
Session 2: November 13th, 7-8.30 pm
- Development and sustainable development
- Climate injustice - root causes and consequences
- Using ecological footprints to explore inequality
Session 3: November 20th, 7-8.30 pm
- Power - where is it? Where does it come from? How do we use it?
- Poverty, inequality, and climate
Session 4: November 27th, 7-8.30 pm
- Whole-school climate action - how and why?
- Learning through climate action
- Engaging stakeholders