NIPT TEACHER INDUCTION PROGRAMME 2021-2022
DROICHEAD - NIPT NQT Update – September 2021 - CLICK HERE BOOKING SYSTEM
Droichead is the new integrated induction process for teachers and is available to both primary and post-primary teachers.
The traditional processes of Probation, Post-qualification Employment (PQE) and the Induction Workshop Programme either have concluded or are being phased out.
It is important to note that Droichead is the only route of induction for all primary and post-primary teachers registered from 1 June 2020.
- Teachers requiring information on the Droichead process should click here.
- Teachers requiring information on Induction Workshops should click here.
- Teachers requiring information on School Support should click here.
- Teachers requiring NIPT team contact details should click here.
NIPT Droichead Cluster Meetings 2021 /2022
Droichead Cluster Meetings are confined to NQT's participating in the Droichead process.
NQTs must apply for Droichead via www.teachingcouncil.ie and receive a confirmation email from the Teaching Council (which provides approval to commence the Droichead process) prior to engaging in any cluster meetings.
Each cluster meeting is a forum where NQTs can discuss and seek clarification about the Droichead process and professional practice. NQTs are encouraged to ask questions, seek guidance, reflect upon particular challenges and share successes, ideas and experiences.
Cluster meetings are facilitated by experienced NIPT Associates and provide avenues of both professional and personal support to NQTs. This shared-learning approach builds professional relationships, confidence and competence.
Cluster Meetings will be available as per the Cluster Meetings Calendar. As outlined in the Cluster Meetings: Important Information and Attendance Protocols document, registrations will open the week before the events.
Important Dates - January - February 2022
- CM 1 - the week of January 17th, registrations will open on January 10th @ 08.30 a.m.
- CM 1- the week of January 24th, registrations will open on January 17th @ 08.30 a.m.
- CM2 - the week of January 31st, registrations will open on January 24th @08.30am.
- CM2 - the week of February 7th, registrations will open on January 31st @08.30am.
- CM2 - the week of February 14th, registrations will open on February 7th @ 8.30am.
Printing Course Certificate
NQTs who have engaged fully in the 2-hour CM can access their Certificate of Completion from their user profile within 10 working days of attendance at the meeting. Please note this option is only available after your cluster meeting attendance has been verified by Donegal Education Centre.
Please follow these steps:
- Log into your account with your e-mail and password.
- Check your details are correct and press update.
- On the right-hand side of the screen click on menu.
- Click on user menu and click on print course certificate.
- Course attendance details will be populated. To the right of the screen under CPD Event click on the word print.
- A PDF of your certificate will be generated.